I did an edit sprinkle of my draft if that’s what you can call it. I put my book through the free version of Grammarly. I picked up quite a few things that caused me embarrassment. I spelt the word border wrong so many times and often missed out single words that needed to be added for improvement.
I’m going to have to do a few more drafts, but I’ve pretty much completed all of the structure, so it’ll just be line edits from now on.
I was able to get Chris to have a look at Save One and give me his thoughts. He said it was good, but the ending was a little off. I know that writers shouldn’t give their work to people like spouses, friends or those they’re sleeping with (three strikes for Chris), but I know he won’t mislead me on his opinion of it.
But when I was going through it after I saw so many mistakes that he hadn’t commented on. He told me that the story read good and it makes me wonder how many mistakes people notice. Becuase when I read something I think I pick up on a lot of things, but that might be because I’ve got my editing glasses on.
You can see what I did to the text. I did a lot of line and individual word editing. I expanded some scenes, I didn’t take too much out of it. It is just under 33,000 words. Maybe this will be done by mid-year? I hope that’s the case.
I did another draft of my next short story. It was done an dusted in over an hour 🙂 This is so much better than the tortuous Jumpstart 😦 I really think that this story will be the next thing I put out there. Again it was all line edits and no structural changes.
I’m currently in the 5th edit of this novella and the message of the story is starting to really come through (at least for me anyway). Not only that but the words become and became are starting to blur into each other.
I’m at a point where I’m only doing line edits. YAY!!! I think that after this edit I’ll get a few people to look at it and see what they find 🙂
I’ve done this before and a few have mentioned that they are interested in what happens to the main character, Lone, after the book ends. And I’m not really sure. I hadn’t really thought too much about a sequel, but I’ve got some ideas of what might follow. But it’s not enough for a story yet.
I’m not sure when this will be available, but I’m thinking of putting it on KDP select for the first 90 days and then Smashwords after that. I’m curious as to how it goes being on that platform will affect my sales.
I’m getting to the latter stages of editing Save One and I think I might have it out in a few weeks. I’ve taken a screenshot of most of the editing. I used the wonderful program of Paint to crop the image 🙂
This is the 4th/5th edit and you can see that there was still a bit to change and work on. Usually, by this edit, the story becomes more solid and it’s only a case where I have to do line and paragraph edits. There are still a few instances where I’ve made myself notes to change or add scenes.