There are times when I don’t feel so good about my writing despite the fact that a few days earlier I could be completely fine with it. So in the space of a few days what makes me think differently?
Doubt and fear.
- I’m afraid at times that I won’t achieve my dreams of becoming an author, even though I want to so much.
- I’m afraid that no matter how much effort I put into my writing, it’ll never be as good as other great pieces of writing.
- I’m afraid that writing will always be a ‘side hobby’ that I can only do after everything else is done.
- I’m afraid that my stories wont even live up to my own expectations or that I simply can not express them the way I want to.
- But most of all, I’m afraid to give up on my passion and dreams as that would be the most terrible thing of all.
But no matter how much I doubt myself or am afraid of the possibilities of my own short comings I push through because I remember you can not pursue success without the possibility of encountering failure. And you can not have success if you are afraid of failure.
After I come out of these periods of doubt I see that my stories aren’t so bad and with each round of editing they are improving. Everyday I am coming closer to publishing my first novel and with the desire to match great pieces of writing I will end up publishing some great pieces of work.