First draft of Becoming Stardust

I completed the first draft of Becoming Stardust the day before my self-imposed deadline 🙂 Below is the image of what editing I did to this document. I tell you what; the editing was a mental chore. It’d take me hours to get through a section. I added 2k words and expanded a few scenes. I know I improved it and it’ll be a few more edits before it’s complete.

First Project of the New Year: Becoming Stardust

I’ve got my first project underway. It’s related to my YA sci-fi that I had written in 2016/17. I’ve taken the first 7,000 words from it and turned it into a prequel short story. It’s called Becoming Stardust, and the novel is being re-titled Stardust as opposed to theThe Cadetship. It was always felt a little out of place with the rest of the novel because of a time jump. Anyway, I’m editing it now and holy moly, it’s all a sea of red. I must have leveled up somewhat since I last touched this piece. I know that Stardust is going to be needing the same level of input which is why it won’t be published for a long time. Becoming Stardust is going to be free and I’m hoping for it to generate interest for Stardust.

I making a hard date of having it done and dusted on April 30th. So that is 107 days or 3 months and 17 days 🙂