Edit of new short story

I managed to get a draft of my next short story done today 🙂 It’s only 6,500 words, but when I first started editing it was all red. It made wonder if it was going to be all like that. So for my sanity, I changed it up a bit. I decided to edit it backwards. Doing the last chapter first and so forth. I’ve never done that before and it was fun. I had to wrap my head around jolting out of the story. But I think it was a good edit. The title isn’t set in stone yet, but the one I’m working with is doing fine.

This is what the story looks like with tract changes 🙂 Some parts needed a lot of work and others, which turned out to be dialogue, not so much.

1witch

Feet or Fins update

I can say that I am now past the half way mark on editing my first novel 🙂 I remember first writing it. Somehow I managed to word vomit all 40,000 words all over my keyboard in the time frame of a few weeks. I look back and think I have created all of this.

Screenshot 1: Title page to page 55.
Screenshot 1: Title page to page 55.
page 56 to 95.
page 56 to 95.

These screenshots show how much I have done 🙂

I think I began editing this right after I finished writing it, or maybe a little time later. I know after editing it for a few weeks I got tired of it. I think I had a little bit of Feet or Fins burnout, and with uni starting back up again I put it on the back burner. Until yesterday where I took it out and began editing it again. I did 12 pages in the last few hours.

The blue tract changes is from months ago, the red from the last few days and the white patches shows what I’ve got to do.

The thought that this edit will not be my last is kind of overwhelming, but I can only edit one page at a time. And it is all these one pages that add up 🙂

You’ll also notice the picture on the first page. I use that as inspiration. Because if I have a image I want to use for my cover at the top of the document it’ll make me work harder as I can visualize the end product.